I started my professional career when I graduated as a Computer System engineer at the Technological University in Panama in 2005. I am interested in everything related to technology and after working in many companies belong to different sectors such as banking, software development, and consulting, I also wanted to study an MBA and teaching. I have been able to manage projects, lead teams, and provide training.
Being aware of the digital transformation that many companies are undergoing today and the importance of their data, I decided to study a master’s degree in Big Data & BI in order to update my knowledge of unstructured databases, machine learning techniques, and cloud platforms.
Throughout my career, I have played different roles such as senior system analyst, BI architect, QA Operations lead, and Project manager for international clients being required to speak English.
I have experience in the database design, getting requirements for new projects, building process, defining QA standards, setting KPIs, preparing reports, managing the workload of a team, hiring people, coaching, among other.
Next International Business School
Internship during the master’s degree
Academic Department Advisor
July 2019 - September 2019 (3 months), Madrid
- Research updated references of Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Business Intelligence, Innovation, IOT, Cybersecurity, GDPR, Cloud solutions, agile methodologies and others.
- Review of the curriculum and current academic content.
- Edition and elaboration of new academic material for the Master of Big Data & Business Intelligence.
- Coordinate remote weekly catch-ups and update KANBAN to monitor the task’s progress.
Internship during the master’s degree
Big Data Analyst
February 2019 - April 2019 (3 months), Madrid
- Identify business requirements, recommend analytical tools, optimize data processing, and establish a workflow.
- Create a database model in the cloud Azure (catalogs, views, and automated jobs) and document.
- Collect, clean, and importing existing and new external data sources.
- Examine marketing data generated with the ClickMeter and YouTube Analytics APIs.
- Design reports/data visualizations with PowerBI.
Control Risks is a specialist risk consultancy committed to helping clients build organizations that are secure, compliant, and resilient in an age of ever-changing risk and connectivity. Within the Legal Technologies’ area offers eDiscovery services and specialized consultancy where I worked a little over five years.
Project Manager eDiscovery
June 2017 - August 2018 (1 year 3 months), Panama
- Coordinate the migration of databases (SQL) to a powerful and efficient eDiscovery solution (Relativity).
- Provide direction and assistance preparing the legal documents of clients used for international regulators.
- Analyze special requests from customers and provide solutions.
- Gather monthly metrics of the projects for financial purposes with MS Dynamics 365.
- Optimize the automation of reports although Tableau dashboards.
Associate Director of Operations
May 2016 - May 2017 (1 year 1 month), Panama
- Coordinate the Operations team workload and ensure the support coverage 24/7.
- Optimize the creation of the existing Operations process documentation for training and incorporate best practices (Sharepoint)
- Measure and report KPI’s monthly related to the worked hours by projects and teams (SQL, MS Dynamics, Excel)
- Provide advice during the PM’s meetings and cooperate with specific tasks from customers
May 2013 - April 2016 (3 years), Panama
- Design the profile of Quality control Analyst, interview candidates, and hire the team.
- Establish KPIs to evaluate the quality of operational processes.
- Train to the Operations team members to apply validations, execute tests, address issues, and estimate deadlines and provide the client documentation.
- Supervise compliance of the quality control standards for all the Operations processes and develops (SLAs, TFS tickets)
- Guide managers with the QA / Testing checklists and monthly figures
- Train to the Operations team members to apply validations, execute tests, address issues and estimate deadlines and provide the client documentation
- Identify enhancements for the Operations tasks getting feedbacks from other areas
- Plan the special coverage of the QA team for urgent requests during days off
The International Bank of Costa Rica begins operations with the original purpose to offer commercial financial services to corporate clients. Later, they focused its activities on foreign trade and increases relations with the private sector, correspondent banks, as well as developing personal and private banking. I belonged to the IT department performing the next role:
Business Intelligence Architect
June 2009 - April 2013 (3 years 11 months), Panama
- Manage, design and implement an ETL process from the banking Core to SQL server databases with SSIS
- Analyze technical requirements for new projects to integrate the SQL databases properly
- Generate reports and automatic notifications through Reporting Services and Crystal Reports
HSBC Bank Panama S.A. was a company of financial services subsidiary of HSBC Bank Plc. Under the Vice Presidency of Technology, I worked in charge of the following tasks.
Senior System Analyst
December 2007 - May 2009 (1 year 6 months), Panama
- Manage the BPM platform (Ultimus) and support other applications of the Technology department
- Design the database structure and tasks (SQL queries, stored procedures, etc.)
- Update the content of the website (CSS, HTML, PHP)
Pioneering technology company in Business Process Management (BPM) software dedicated to offering services and support for efficient automation of business processes to any industry.
July 2007 - November 2007 (6 months), Panama
- Attend the incidences of the BPM platforms reported by clients and provide solutions onsite
- Meet with clients to gather technical subjects and provide guidance with the building of their process
- Design and implement workflows (BPMs) with C Sharp and Visual Studio.NET
Pan-American Semiconductors, was a software development company specializing in advanced design and development of electronic systems such as kiosks and POS to sell worldwide.
Computer System Engineer
September 2005 - July 2007 (1-year y 9 months), Panama
- Manage and design SQL and MySql databases
- Develop interfaces with VB.NET
- Program the integration of a custom motherboard to MySql in QT Designer of Open Suse (Linux)
- Collaborate in the coding of a customized operating system ‘Micro C Linux’ Nios II IDE –Fase II